Contact Us: (336) 315-8498 | Send a Message
Rules of the Swimming Pool
*Greensboro Aquatic Center staff reserve the right to dismiss, suspend, or prohibit from the facility any person endangering the health, safety, or pleasure of the facility patrons. Guests must acknowledge and abide by facility age guidelines upon entry to the facility.
*Children age 5 and under must be accompanied in the water by a parent or guardian (age 18 or older).
*Children that cannot walk across the deepest part of the pool (4 feet) without assistance will need to be accompanied in the water by a parent or guardian (age 18 or older).
*All swimmers must wear a swim suit. T-shirts, cut offs, sweat pants, basketball shorts, gym shorts, etc. are not permitted. Individuals who are not potty-trained must wear swim diapers in addition to swimming suit.
*Children age 12 and under require adult supervision.
- Swimming is only allowed when there is a lifeguard on duty
- All swimmers must shower before entering the pool
- All swimmers must wear a swim suit. T-shirts, cut offs, sweat pants, basketball shorts, gym shorts, etc. are not permitted. Individuals who are not potty-trained must wear swim diapers in addition to swimming suit.
- Lap lanes are for lap swimming only
- No running on the pool deck
- No diving in recreation pool
- No floatation devices are allowed in the pool. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No horseplay, hanging on lane lines, inappropriate behavior or excessive splashing is allowed.
- Diving blocks are to be used ONLY by authorized teams and instructors for instructional purposes.
- The competition pool is for lap swimming and training purposes only
- Lap lanes are intended to accommodate multiple swimmers simultaneously and guests are encouraged to abide by this rule. GAC staff may ask patrons to share lanes when pool accommodations are limited.
- Patrons must be able to pass a swim test in order to enter the competition pool. Swim test is conducted as follows: Jump in the water from the side, recover to the surface, swim 25 yards with a competent stroke (front crawl or breaststroke), tread water for 1 minute, then exit the water.
- All diving boards and diving platforms are closed to the public. Only GAC authorized swim organizations have access to diving boards and platforms.
- Lifeguard stands are off-limits to everyone, except the Lifeguards. Do not stand under, on, or in front of lifeguard stand.
- Only swim team and swim lessons are allowed to use GAC swim equipment. Only life jackets are allowed to be given out to those who need them.
- Only GAC authorized swim lessons are allowed in the facility.
- Profanity or any offensive language is prohibited.
- No pets, except for qualified service animals for the disabled are permitted in the pool area. Pets are not allowed in the pool.
- Greensboro Coliseum property prohibits the use of any alcohol or tobacco products.
- Guests with open sores, cuts, bandages or communicable diseases are not permitted in the pool
- No food/drink or chewing gum allowed on the pool deck. (Exception: water, sports drinks and power bars are allowed during non-meet times)
- Glass containers are prohibited within the facility
- Use lockers in locker room at your own risk. Locks are available at the front desk for $1.00 rental with collateral exchange. Customer bags and/or belongings may be kept on pool deck.
- The facility welcomes families and guests of all ages and therefore locker room decency is required. Wear a towel or outer garment at all times, especially when moving from the showers to the locker room and vice versa.
- Cell phones, cameras or other electronic devices may not be used or visible in the locker rooms. This especially applies to cell phones. Step into public area to use your phone. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Guests over five years of age are not permitted to enter the opposite gender restroom/locker room. Please use the family changing rooms located on the recreation pool deck in between the male and female locker room entrances.
- Interpreter services are available at no cost in accordance with Title VI.
- For the comfort and inclusion of all individuals, the Greensboro Aquatic Center offers women's, men's and family/gender neutral dressing rooms. In addition, the GAC also offers women's, men's and family/gender neutral public restroom facilities.
*It shall be a violation for any patron to not comply with any written or oral rules, regulations, or requirements imposed by Greensboro Aquatic Center personnel. Personal conduct in and around the aquatic facilities must be such that the safety of self and others is not jeopardized. Any such violation may result in immediate removal from the facility.